Re: NY Times Plans Major Job Cutback

There's a big difference between covering every tiny town meeting, and

> no coverage or condescending coverage ("where all the girls are either > pregnant or look like they will soon become pregnant") of the suburbs > where most of their readership lives.

Did a newspaper actually say that? If so, in what context?

A newspaper that purports to be a regional paper should cover at least > the local 5-digit population bedroom communities, and not treat them > as if they were a 2-digit population farming community 100 miles away.

Major newspapers I've seen, including the NYT, do that pretty well. However, they're still losing readership.

It's been a long time since I last looked through the Sunday NY Times, but > as I recall much of its bulk was advertising.

The bulk of newspapers has always been advertising.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: With a bit of luck, local news from New York City gets covered in NY Times ... maybe. They do not do a very good job of covering local, NYC news, but they are not bad -- if a little bit of liberal bias is okay -- on national and international news. PAT]
Reply to
hancock4
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.