Re: Not so Fast! 'xxx' Startup Put on Hold

In message TELECOM Digest Editor noted in response to DevilsPGD snipped-for-privacy@crazyhat.net:

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Where did you get this idea that there > is going to be an en-masse removal of sites from one domain to another? > I do not recall ever saying that ... those web sites who are willing > to and gracious enough to take up residence in .xxx will be permitted > to do so, just as sites took up residence in .info, .biz, .aero, and > .museum ... and those of us Moderators and others who do not give a > shit about dubious information, biz-iness ventures, museums or > aeroplanes would be free to filter it out. But we won't be permitted > to filter out .xxx which I suspect will be the rudest, crudest and > lewdest of all because (name the red herring of your choice) is likely > to happen as a result. Oh, we will able to filter .xxx -like material > in a sort of half-assed way using the tools we are given, but that is > all, not .xxx domains in their entirety.

I'm not against the creation of .xxx -- I'm only pointing out that making it mandatory won't work. If we make it optional then all that has been done is to open up more domain space (Which isn't a bad thing, but .biz and .info haven't exactly been successful, and how many .name domains have you seen?)

Reply to
DevilsPGD
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.