Re: Nokia 6010 Reporting in to Mama -- Radio Interference?

My new Nokia 6010 has an interesting and somewhat annoying habit. If

> it's anywhere within a 5 foot radius of my PC speakers, I can hear it > periodically transmitting something (sort of a rhythmic > dum-diddy-dum-diddy-dum-dum-dum). Sounds like static, but definitely > with a paced rhythm. I haven't timed the intervals exactly, but it > seems to take place every 17-20 minutes. In a related activity, I > hear a big burst of static on my PC speakers, and then some rhythmic > noise, about 5-7 seconds before the cell phone begins to ring. > This is the first cell phone I've had that caused these noises. Do I > have a mutant phone? Is this anything to be concerned about?

I've been noticing lately that a lot of the newer GSM phones are starting to do this. I worry that GSM handset manufacturers are starting to get a little bit careless in taking steps to avoid interference.

You will find, however, that CDMA based phones (those on Verizon, Sprint, Alltel and a few others) will not have this problem. This is not to say that they are immune to interfering with toher equipment; they just happen to do it in a way that is far less noticeable to the layperson.

E-mail fudged to thwart spammers. Transpose the c's and a's in my e-mail address to reply.

Reply to
Isaiah Beard
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.