Re: More Subpoenas in Suit Over Obscenity Law

TELECOM Digest Editor noted in response to Garrett Wollman :

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: What I found out was I have an email > address I had mostly forgotten about at Yahoo.com. Apparently, at > some point or another, someone had signed up _my_ email address at > Yahoo on some p*rn mailing list. I have been getting 300-400 p*rn > emails per day via that Yahoo.com address.

Several months ago I started getting very sexually explicit spam in my Yahoo Inbox (which I have SpamGuard enabled). All the spams had the following in common:

The domains advertised were hosted by Yahoo (they'd redirect to China or Russia) the domains were sold by Yahoo partner Melbourne IT all the spams were sent from compromised machines - in my opinion a professionally-run email system shouldn't be accepting Port 25 connections from residential cable modem and DSL users.

A couple months ago the spam storm abated though, I do have to wonder whether rogue elements inside Yahoo were at work.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Herb Oxley From: address IS Valid.

Reply to
nospam4me
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.