Re: Letter From Russia

In article , TELECOM Digest

> Editor noted in response to a message from Valentin > : > It's spam. > Spam is theft. > Therefore, it's a scam. > If he's so hard up, where did he get the resources to spam with? > Wasn't there just a thread on why spam continues, because so many > idiots send money to spammers? Some are suckers for bigger bodyparts, > others for free money, others for helping the needy. All of those are > reasons that spam continues. > [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I suppose he probably got the resources > to send the spam from the local public library, where he said he > looked up other information.

He lied. There's no way he "looked up" all that information on so many people.

Many libraries are not set up on their public terminals to block > spam from going out.

And some aren't. Besides, my copy came from blueyonder.co.uk, probably via a zombie in their network.

And do you consider the occassional 'call for papers' > printed here and at other sites to be 'spam'?

If they're posted to an appropriate newsgroup, and (more importantly) not in excessive quantity each, they're not spam.

Or the monthly notices > or minutes of meetings from the EFF, ICANN and similar? Those are > unsolicited also, yet they keep coming out to the entire net. PAT]

They do? The EFF only started mailing me stuff when I requested it. ICANN never mailed me anything (not even answers to my complaints).

Posting stuff on their own website certainly isn't spam.

Seth

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: How many people were there he looked up information on, Seth? PAT]
Reply to
Seth Breidbart
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.