Re: Last Laugh! Telecom New Zealand Tells Woman Her Name is Gay

John Mays>> And for a "laster" laugh ...

>> Someone inside my company got a notice for inappropriate email for >> sending this very article. >> Political correctness run amok I suppose. >> John Mayson >> Austin, Texas, USA >> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: No, not 'political correctness' run >> amok but an overabundance of spam/scam which makes email filters >> necessary. This is a perfect example of why email/web site filters do >> _not_ work as they should. People who attempt to legitimatly discuss >> ED (erectile disfunction) run into the same problems on the web as the >> people who wish to legiimatly discuss breast cancer. It cannot be done >> without having to fend off _thousands_ of email items from jackasses. >> PAT] > Point taken. > My wife is a school teacher. I had hurt my back and I sent her an > email describing the pain as "throbbing" which was immediately > rejected by her system's spam filter. > Some people who graduated "magna cum laude" have had their resumes rejected. > What I meant by "political correctness" was humans go to such lengths > not to offend (and expose themselves to lawsuits) that they program > computers to go to ridiculous lengths to "protect" us from each other. > John Mayson > Austin, Texas, USA

I have a Yahoo Group where in a main page description about outages of hot water heaters I mentioned plug-in heaters to put in pails as are used in a barnyard. "Barnyard" caused a rejection of my Yahoo Group main page update.

Trying to mention the TV show "Sex in the City" caused same problem.

I anxiously await Google Groups to be able to replace Yahoo Groups

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: So the Yahoo people have all become idiots in recent years ... so what else is old news? The real problem is the amount of spam and the spam-enablers who keep insisting that filters are the solution. PAT]
Reply to
www.Queensbridge.us
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.