Re: Last Laugh! Telecom New Zealand Tells Woman Her Name is Gay

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: No, not 'political correctness' run

> amok but an overabundance of spam/scam which makes email filters > necessary. This is a perfect example of why email/web site filters do > _not_ work as they should. People who attempt to legitimatly discuss > ED (erectile disfunction) run into the same problems on the web as the > people who wish to legiimatly discuss breast cancer. It cannot be done > without having to fend off _thousands_ of email items from jackasses. > PAT]

Spare some pity for the poor bicycle mechanic, who may in one posting legitimately discuss spoke nipples (those nuts that tighten the spokes in a wheel), chain whips (a tool used to turn gears), and latex tubes.

I've had any number of cycling-related emails flagged as inappropriate, and been told my cycling web pages have been blocked from libraries and schools, over this racy terminology.

snipped-for-privacy@phred.org is Joshua Putnam

formatting link
Infrared Photography Gallery:
formatting link
[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Oh yeah! I believe you ... and can you imagine how many sites refuse to accept TELECOM Digest because no actual human being reads it first to evaluate it. They leave it up to their beloved software filters to look for words 'they know' are not to be used. Or maybe because the overall size each day does not meet their conception of 'how large' a 'regular' piece of email will be? Or maybe there are too many links in the text, so this is a sure sign of spamming and scamming. Or maybe because I put an email redirecting address in the envelope. When I first got started on this Digest back in the 1980's I used to take much umbrage when people did not receive their copy each day. I would struggle and struggle to find out what went wrong. I eventually decided it just was not worth the time to try and correct fools ... and quit worrying about it. When I eventually became 'the moderator who doesn't give a shit' it was a great liberation for me. PAT]

Reply to
<josh
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.