Re: Last Laugh! Telecom New Zealand Tells Woman Her Name is Gay

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: No, not 'political correctness' run

>> amok but an overabundance of spam/scam which makes email filters >> necessary. This is a perfect example of why email/web site filters do >> _not_ work as they should. > My wife is a school teacher. I had hurt my back and I sent her an > email describing the pain as "throbbing" which was immediately > rejected by her system's spam filter. > Some people who graduated "magna cum laude" have had their resumes > rejected.

What this *really* is, is inept linguistics. Some people don't seem to have the ability to look at their native language and ask themselves whether a word has more than one use. When people with tiny vocabularies start implementing "bad language filters," a lot of good language gets filtered out.

I once encountered someone who had not comprehended that the phrase "family jewels" could actually refer to heirloom jewelry ...

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Like the time I used the word 'niggardly' in this Digest and was promptly scolded for using racist language. (That is an /a/ as the fifth letter from the left and not an /e/) PAT]
Reply to
mc
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.