Re: Last Laugh! Racism and All That Rot

> Not to defend the Red Cross, but that seems to be an FDA policy.

>> "Spending time that adds up to six months or more on military bases in >> Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Italy or >> Greece from 1980-1996" disqualifies a person too. Of course, they're >> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: That 'spending six months or more on >> military bases' is another way of asking the same question about >> homosexual activity. As far as trying to 'avoid anyone with a > I don't think so Pat. Those are dates for which Mad Cow disease was > a concern. I lived in France for a year around 1994 and was barred > from blood donation for 10 years after I got back because of Mad Cow > concerns. Maybe it's some other concern, but I doubt they are equating > being stationed in those places with homosexualality. I'm not defending > the Red Cross or the FDA's policies here, just saying those dates look > an awful lot like the dates they had for possible Mad Cow contamination > in Europe and they only thought it was a problem if you were there for > 6 months or more, probably to avoid barring everyone who took a vacation. > Bill Ranck > Blacksburg, Va.

Gotta agree with Bill: it is all about RISK: testing is not perfect.

Hey, they are 'this close' to disqualifying senior citizens because they take cruises out of the country!-)

Reply to
Rick Merrill
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.