Re: Last Laugh! Racism and All That Rot

Her questionaire also asked if I had

> had any 'homosexual activities' since God created the earth

Not to defend the Red Cross, but that seems to be an FDA policy. "Spending time that adds up to six months or more on military bases in Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Italy or Greece from 1980-1996" disqualifies a person too. Of course, they're trying to avoid anyone for whom there is any possibility of problems. Eventually, they'll prohibit everyone (which will indeed avoid the possibility of contaminated blood), and wonder why nobody donates.

Dave

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: That 'spending six months or more on military bases' is another way of asking the same question about homosexual activity. As far as trying to 'avoid anyone with a possibility of problems', exactly why do you suppose they _still_ test each blood sample given? I do not care (well, really I do, a little) about who Red Cross wishes to exclude from their programs, but I think they should be _honest_ about it and state plainly from the beginning what their policy is. PAT]
Reply to
Dave Garland
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.