Re: Kinderstart Sues Google Regards Index Placement

Kinderstart sues Google over lower page ranking

> A parental advice Internet site has sued Google Inc., charging it > unfairly deprived the company of customers by downgrading its > search-result ranking without reason or warning.
[ snip ]

I fail to see how these suits even get to the light of day. Google is a private ranking firm, and aside from the larger societal laws regarding discrimination on race, etc., they should be free to do whatever they want with their scoring.

If I put together a list of shoeshine vendors and leave some out, then unless they can show it's based on a pattern of racism (or similar...) they don't have a shoe to stand on.

(If I make the claim that I've listed every single one, though, then they might, might ... have a leg regarding false advertising. Maybe.)

Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key snipped-for-privacy@panix.com [to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]

Reply to
Danny Burstein
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.