Re: John Kennedy, Lee Harvey Oswald, and Jack Ruby

snipped-for-privacy@eircom.net (Henry) wrote in news:telecom24.537.14@telecom- digest.org:

Patrick Towns>> Just as a historical note, it was forty-two years ago this weekend >> (Thanksgiving weekend, 1963) ... > Sorry, PAT. It was the week before Thanksgiving. > The assassination was on a Friday and I was in school. There is no > school on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Ergo... > Cheers, > Henry > [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Maybe you are correct; it was a long > time ago (as you and I both know in our ancient ages!) Something I am > not clear on, however: Thanksgiving is always a variable date holiday. > It _always_ comes on Thursday, but is it the _last_ Thursday in > November or the _fourth_ Thursday in November (sometimes there are > five Thursdays.)? I know that now and again merchants complain when > there is a 'late Thanksgiving' as they get 'cheated' out of a week > of Christmas sales. What is the exact rule? And do you remember when > Memorial Day used to _always_ be May 30, no matter what day of the > week it was? If it came on Sunday sometimes, then we kids in school > felt 'cheated' because we did not get an extra holiday from school. > But if it fell on Wednesday, our parents felt 'cheated' since it was > impossible to drive any distance on holiday and get back home on the > same day (so as to not miss next day's work or kid's school day, etc.) > PAT]

Either way, Thanksgiving 1963 was on the fourth, and last, Thursday:

formatting link

Reply to
Paul
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.