Re: John Kennedy, Lee Harvey Oswald, and Jack Ruby

Patrick Towns>> Just as a historical note, it was forty-two years ago this weekend

>> (Thanksgiving weekend, 1963) ... > Sorry, PAT. It was the week before Thanksgiving. > The assassination was on a Friday and I was in school. There is no >school on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Ergo... > Cheers, > Henry > [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Maybe you are correct; it was a long > time ago (as you and I both know in our ancient ages!)

Simple fact-checking would show that Kennedy died on November 22, 1963. A 1963 calendar shows:

November 1963 S M Tu W Th F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

November 21, the Thursday before the shooting, was only the *third* Thursday of the month.

Something I am > not clear on, however: Thanksgiving is always a variable date holiday. > It _always_ comes on Thursday, but is it the _last_ Thursday in > November or the _fourth_ Thursday in November (sometimes there are > five Thursdays.)?

A Google search for "thanksgiving holidy date" would answer your question,

*without* a need to clutter up the telecom newsgroup with off-topic , irrelevant, jabber.

Per federal legislation enactged in 1941, in the U.S.A., Thanksgiving is the FOURTH THURSDAY in November.

I know that now and again merchants complain when > there is a 'late Thanksgiving' as they get 'cheated' out of a week > of Christmas sales. What is the exact rule?

Set by law. Take it to a legal discussion group. :)

Reply to
Robert Bonomi
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.