Re: Is Your Telephone AC Power Dependent?

>> Pat,

>> I don't mean to be insulting with this question so if it is >> too obvious please forgive me. Is at least one telephone line >> into your home exchange powered copper twisted pair? Do you > Doesn't the cell tower connect to the rest of the world via copper or > fiber feed ? How many of those towers have backup power ? The > majority of tower sites in my rural area have 4 hours of battery > backup without an on site generator. After 4 hours you are SOL. > That's why our local ham radio repeater is located at one of the few > cell tower sites with a standby generator. We also have 48 hours of > battery backup. > Steve > N2UBP

Around here they don't bother putting backup power at most cell sites. When Nextel put one of their cell sites on the building we're in we offered them a tap off our generator but they didn't want it.

Reply to
T
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.