Re: Hell Continues to Freeze Over

Patrick Towns>> I mentioned here about a week ago that Hell, here in Independence, KS

>> had frozen over with the ice storms of last weekend. Now here we are, >> a full week later, ice still over everything in sight... > Good luck with everything. I'm glad you still have power and phone > service and food deliveries. > When I was a kid we had an ice storm like that, everything covered in a > thick coating of extremely slippery but hard ice. It was horrible. In > those days many autos used tire chains actually which were pretty > effective, but murder if you got on dry pavement, and a pain to put on > and off. Links would break and bang around.

There's something similar for those of us who like to walk no matter what the weather. I bought a pair of Yaktrax Pro shoe covers two years ago and haven't gotten a chance to use them yet.

They snap over the bottom of your shoe and present a rubber matrix surrounded by steel coil to the ice, essentially increasing the pressure on each point. The USPS uses these in locations that get a lot of snow and ice and the study says it's eliminated slips and falls.

Just a suggestion as I know broken bones don't heal as fast when one gets older.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I wonder where I could buy one of those devices for my shoes? Maybe next time I happen to go past Walmart I might (as I sniff and point my nose in the air) walk in the place and look to see if they have them. PAT]
Reply to
T
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.