Re: Giant Conspiracy or Just Rotten Luck?

I'm reminded of a phone bill I got with a very expensive call to Hawaii on it. Got all the same run-around about how there couldn't possibly be any error in the phone bill because the phone company is perfect -- then I pulled out my secret weapon: The call was made 15 days before my phone service was hooked up, after that, they were finally willing to believe there might possibly have been a mistake somewhere :-).

I had another fun time with my bank once: I spent about 6 hours trying to get my checkbook to balance, and the numbers would never come out right. As an act of sheer desperation, I added up the numbers on my statement and compared them to the total "ending balance" printed at the bottom, and discovered that the bank's computer apparently could not do arithmetic (highly confidence inspiring :-). The next month they finally acknowledged that anyone who made an ATM transaction on Feb 29th (it was a leap year) had their statement screwed up by a computer that counted Feb 29th transactions as being in March sometimes and Feb other times so the total came out different than the individual transactions.

-- >>==>> The *Best* political site >>==+ email: snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net icbm: Delray Beach, FL | Free Software and Politics

Reply to
Thomas A. Horsley
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.