Re: For Surfers, a Roving Hot Spot That Shares

By JOHANNA JAINCHILL

> When the Sunningdale Country Club in Scarsdale, N.Y., opened its gates > last week to a location shoot for "The Sopranos," a new fixture was on > display in the mobile dressing rooms - a roving Wi-Fi hot spot. > With a device called the Junxion Box, the production company can set > up a mobile multiuser Internet connection anywhere it gets cellphone > service. The box, about the size of a shoebox cover, uses a cellular > modem card from a wireless phone carrier to create a Wi-Fi hot spot > that lets dozens of people connect to the Internet. > The staff members of "The Sopranos," squeezed into two trailer > dressing rooms, needed only the Junxion Box and their laptops to > exchange messages and documents with the production offices at > Silvercup Studios in Queens. >

formatting link
All I can say about this is that I feel for the poor members of that country club.

Showtime was recently in the RI state house for two days shooting scenes for their new series "Brothers". One whole corridor of the basement level was filled with production gear and people for two days.

I've never seen so many cables in my life. Yet this whole thing was set up and broken down in < 12 hours.

In the case of Showtime, I think they used wired net connections because I distinctly saw a cluster of Cat-5 running out from the legislative IT space.

Reply to
Tony P.
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.