Re: Fill up With TV News While Getting Gas

Michael G. Koerner wrote:

>> my assumption was that these sorts of >> pumps would be VERY expensive, including the monthly bill for the news >> service. > I don't know ... The pumps already have the 5x5 LCD screens for > putting up menus and still ads. Most of the stations have a satellite > feed for credit card authorization, reporting and price control. I > didn't watch it long enough to tell, but wonder if there would be ad > revenue to offset the cost of programming?

Probably the pumps with the 5x5 screens are still in the minority, the others having a different kind of display which appears to be text only and too small for any useful presentation.

Some stations have the satellite dishes, but they, too, are probably in the minority. Not to mention those (often the least expensive stations) which do not have any provision for pay-at-pump.

As far as revenue from advertising, this would appear to be the only reason for providing such a service. Otherwise, why would any station do it or why would the vendor/supplier even think of going into this business?

Wes Leatherock snipped-for-privacy@aol.com snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
Wesrock
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.