Re: Every Ten Days

It was a dark and stormy night when Choreboy

> wrote: >> March 9, somebody from 877 467 3277 called. I answered on the second >> ring and they hung up. They did it again March 19 and March 29. > Large telemarketing operations sometimes use dialers that call > numbers, and when there is an answer shunt the call to an available > human telemarketer. If all the telemarketers are busy (on the phone, > on break, whatever), you get a few seconds of dead air, then it hangs > up. > This is an efficient use of the (probably minimum-wage) telemarketers, > as they don't waste time dialing, waiting while it rings, getting > answering machines, etc. The efficiency, of course, comes at the > expense of the victims like you.

That could explain what happened March 9. I answered on five rings. After eight seconds or so I heard a click.

It wouldn't explain the next two calls. March 19 I answered on four rings and got a dial tone. March 29 I answered on one or two rings and heard a click a second or so after I said hello.

I can't be sure it's Sears. In the past few months, Caller ID has shown apparent telemarketers calling from out-of-service numbers, from

888-888-8888, and from 111-111-1111.

Choreboy

Reply to
Choreboy
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.