Re: Device That Interfaces Between Phone/CallerID and Serial Port?

>
formatting link
> $200 and it runs on your Mac.

> | PhoneValet for Mac OS X > My Mac doesn't have OS X, so that product probably wouldn't work here. > Also, I see no mention of touch-tone (DTMF) menus, a.k.a. DTMF-IVR > (Integrated/Interactive Voice Response), in the description, so even > if this device did work with Mac OS 7.x.x, it wouldn't be of any use > to me for distinguishing between a friendly acquaintance needing to > make a no-caller-ID call and a harasser suppressing caller-ID to > harass me even more than usual. > Also, since my Mac doesn't have enough RAM or disk space to install > any large software, I really need a standalone box that doesn't > require major software installed on my Mac. So searching specifically > for a device related to my Mac seems not a good idea. Google search > for "DTMF IVR standalone box" doesn't seem to turn up what I'm looking > for, only very much more complicated stuff that would have to cost ten > times what I'm looking for, including stuff that requires access to > the net including java .NET services.

So in the grand scheme of things, you should have said that you had no budget, had a Mac, and wanted someone to find you a solution for nothing.

Good luck in the future ...

Reply to
Carl Navarro
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.