Re: Competitive DSL (Correct

I ended up moving back in with relatives after I became disabled. We

> decided to eliminate the phone service from Verizon as we didn't need > multiple phone lines (as RCN was cheaper than Verizon) but it seriously > meant losing DSL. Well, I saw that Cavalier Telephone was offering > DSL service. And they have it available in my neighborhood. > So I decided to check. No, RCN does not offer DSL, and yes, Cavalier > does and they offer it in my area. And for less than Verizon was > (then charging) for better service. And I was able to keep my old > phone number. > The secret is that while RCN resells bulk service they buy from > Verizon, the only thing RCN uses is the trunk lines, they have their > own switch.

The last paragraph above should have read as follows:

The secret is that while RCN resells bulk service they buy from Verizon, the only thing Cavalier uses is the trunk lines, they have their own switch.

RCN does not have its own switch in this area (or they could presumably offer DSL.

Paul Robinson "Above all else... We shall go on..." _"...And continue!"_ "If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us."

Reply to
Paul Robinson
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.