Re: Cingular - AT&T ?

Last year, SBC, now AT&T, bought Bellsouth and has been merging it

> into the new AT&T. This means that Cingular is now entirely owned by > the new AT&T. Having just finished the expensive process of > re-rebranding all of the former ATTWS properties from AT&T to > Cingular, now they are starting the even more expensive process of > re-re-rebranding Cingular back to AT&T. > Confused yet?

Very. But thanks for the explanation.

What I don't understand is that I thought the old AT&T cellular carrier didn't have such a great reputation, but Cingular did. Given that, and as you say all the branding work, I don't see how renaming Cingular into "at&t" makes sense. Whatever cachet 'at&t' or "AT&T" had is long gone, it's been nearly 25 years since divesture. Younger people, the prime target market for profitable premium cell service, wouldn't remember the old Bell System or its solid service standards at all. Older folks who would remember would want only bare bones cell service and not spend money on fancy tunes.

While we're on the subject, after divesture whatever happened to Bell Canada and Cincinnatti Bell, of which I believe AT&T didn't own very much.

Reply to
hancock4
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.