Re: Cell Phone Extenders?

Manufacturers and vendors of these active devices lie about their

> legality. The FCC has issued written clarifications and replied in > writing to inquiries. In both instances they make it clear that it is > only legal for licensees to install these BDAs. There are no licenses > issued just to operate a BDA. > One problem is that many of these devices, especially those sold to > repeat Nextel signals, also repeat the signals of many other licensed > systems. > Much accurate information on this subject is available here: >
formatting link
> I have no connection with that web site, but know the owner to be an > expert on this subject. > Rik Rasmussen > Two Way Radio Directory >
formatting link

I'm asking a question not starting a quarrel.

Does it make any difference if the booster in question is connected directly to the cell phone and will only boost it's signal? I have been considering installing one in my truck in order to improve performance in marginal situations. I have been carrying an analog bag phone for that but the cost for that extra account is high since my carrier will not offer any low cost plans for analog use.

-- Tom Horne

Well we aren't no thin blue heroes and yet we aren't no blackguards to. We're just working men and woman most remarkable like you.

Reply to
Thomas D. Horne, FF EMT
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.