Re: Can the New T-Mobile Motorola V195 Cell Phone be Unlocked Yet?

I found this while searching how to unlock my T-Mobile Motorola v195.

It seems all the new Motorola cell phones are unlockable without something called testpoint and without dissassembling the cell phone.

It seems Motorola decided to make all new phones unlockable so the new recommendation is to never buy Motorola phones if you wish to use them outside the United States.

When I called T-Mobile to ask them to unlock my new cell phone they said I shouldn't have bought it from them if I wanted to unlock it.

BrendaLee

Today, I picked up the new Motorola V195 cell phone with 150 pay-as-you-go > minutes for $99.99 + tax at the local T-Mobile store. It has four bands and > a SIM card so that it can be used anywhere in the world, the salesperson > said. > The T-Mobile salesperson said I had to wait 90 days to unlock T-Mobile > phones on the pre-paid plan. But, she swore my Motorola V195 cell phone > could be unlocked immediately by anyone who knew how to do it. On that > basis alone, I purchased the Motorola V195 cell phone. I would not > otherwise have bought a locked phone. > However, upon subsequent googling, I can't seem to find a vendor who can > unlock this new Motorola V195 cell phone. > Do you know who can unlock the Motorola V195 cellphone? > I first called 800-891-0552
formatting link
who said they didn't > know how to unlock this new Motorola V195 cell phone. Same with the >
formatting link
folks who use the same telephone number. > Then I tried
formatting link
who didn't even realize this > Motorola V195 cell phone has been out for some time available to the public >
formatting link
> Next I tried
formatting link
which says they can generally > unlock Motorola cell phone by IMEI without a cable (remember, this phone > does not come with a cable) but not the Motorola V195. > For 5 dollars,
formatting link
says they can unlock cell phones, > but again, there is no listing for the Motorola V195. > Likewise with >
formatting link
> It seems I need YOUR help. > Where can I find an outfit that can unlock the new Motorola V195 cell > phones?
Reply to
BrendaLee
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.