Re: Attacked by a Dog Which was Playing

snipped-for-privacy@massis.lcs.mit.edu (Patrick Townson) posted on that vast internet thingie:

Buffy was all excited and in trying to get out the door with me in > it she knocked me down. I fell, banged up my own face pretty well, > and chipped a tooth which was about gone anyway. Remember, she _is_ > a very big dog, weighing close to a hundred pounds

Well, I have read and found that it is a good idea to train a dog to "stay" until you have gone out (or in) and then tell them to come. You are the leader of the pack.

A puppy is a puppy and your puppy did not intend to harm you and apparently was trying to please/obey you.

I am sorry to hear of your hurt and wish you a speedy recovery. It sounds like you have a loyal canine friend for many years.

You may wish to solicit a favor or two from any local dog trainer (those people AMAZE me though I have had dogs for many years).

Regards,

Steve

formatting link
multihandset cordless phones by Panasonic

5.8Ghz 2line; TMC ET4300 4line Epic phone, OnHoldPlus, Brickmail voicemail Brick wall "non MOV" surge protection. Firewood splitters
formatting link
If you sit at a desk
formatting link
New
formatting link
[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: And thanks for your encouraging words also. I am going to speak to Dr. Epp (veternarian) or the lady who grooms pets (Buffy was taken to get a bath a couple days after she first got here) and see if either of them can recommend a good dog trainer. Maybe the animal shelter will know of someone. PAT]
Reply to
SELLCOM Tech support
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.