Re: A Tale of Two Scott Calverts and the Internet

I received a PayPal *payment*! Knowing no one owed me money I suspected a scam and began researching this and the sender! It turned out that my paypal name differed from the other recipient by a single in the username.

So now I have the email address of someone with the same name!

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: You may or may not have recieved an actual PayPal payment from someone. I say this because one of the more common phisher scams these days intended to get a response out of the victim (the real purpose in their exercise) is to send out a letter _claiming_ you have a refund coming (irs.gov for example) or very likely in your PayPal account. Of course there is no such thing, all they want to do is have you respond (showing them it is a good address) and if they are really lucky, you accurately filled out some form they sent you to. It is not that uncommon to have bogus email sent to and from the same name, so maybe the fool made a typographical error is all in how he addressed your 'payment' letter to you. If it was a GENUINE payment, you can always go to the https: version of the Paypal site itself to claim the money. PAT]
Reply to
Rick Merrill
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.