Re: A Message from AT&T for Yahoo Members

AT&T Yahoo! Member Services

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Just one more reason to drop Yahoo Mail > A.S.A.P. How many of these 'unlimited storage' email things does one > need, especially combined with lots of advertising? PAT]

I've been waiting with bated breath for at&t (before that SBC and before that Southwestern Bell) to offer DSL in my neighborhood because it's 1/3 the cost of my cable modem service with Time Warner. However after talking to DSL customers, I'm beginning to have second thoughts.

I rarely have issues with my broadband service, but when I do I can usually talk to the tech and prove to him (not being sexist, it's always a male) I know what I'm talking about. Once I spit out outputs of ifconfig, ping, and talk about my TCP/IP settings, we can move beyond the "is your blue cable plugged into your cable modem". I understand that at&t Texas DSL will not do this. They must "follow the script" so you end up spending 10 minutes checking things like power and cables.

at&t has long been partnered with Yahoo!. I'm a Google-fan myself and really don't like Yahoo! Mail very much. I guess there's at least two of us. :-)

John Mayson Austin, Texas, USA

Reply to
John Mayson
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.