Re: 25 Hz Power

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: A water cooler with a DC motor is

> interesting; but did you ever see a _refrigerator_ powered by -gas- > rather than -electricity-? I had one of those in a long since for- > gotten apartment in Chicago back in the 1960's. No motor of course, no > compressor, etc, but it was a refrigerator, freezer, etc, and I think > (cannot remember for sure) it was manufactured by 'Frigidaire > Company'. Totally silent of course. I have no idea how it worked; if > I ever knew, I have since forgotten. PAT]

My mother had one of those, probably in the early 50s. When it was replaced by a more modern unit, it was moved to the back porch and used in the summer to cool melons and stuff. I guess this was high tech for the back porch -- the neighbors had an ice box on theirs for similar uses.

I think those were ammonia-water absorption cycle refrigerators. I seem to recall its making little gurgling noises from time to time.

Reply to
John McHarry
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.