RDOF Phase I Winners Breakdown [telecom]

Telecom Alert - FCC Approves First 6 GHz Wi-Fi Device; RDOF Winners Breakdown; Annual Report on State 911 Fees; Senate Confirms Simington; C-Band Revenues

RDOF Phase I Winners Breakdown

The top ten winners in the Rural Digital Opportunity Fund (RDOF) Phase I auction secured 76% of the total $9.23 billion in funding awarded, with LTD Broadband taking home the largest award of $1.3 billion (Vol. XVII, Issue, 49). A major disappointment was that almost $6.8 billion was not awarded. Of the other top ten winners, three are price cap ILECs (CenturyLink, Frontier, and Windstream), one is a consortium of rural electric membership cooperatives, one is a cable company (Charter), four are wireless internet service providers ( AMG Technology, Resound Networks, Connect Everyone (Starry) and LTD Broadband), and one is the low earth orbit satellite operator SpaceX. The remaining $6.8 billion will roll over to Phase II of the RDOF, which now has a projected budget of $10.8 billion.

formatting link

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.