Question About Annoying Phone Calls - Please, any Info

Hi, lately for the last few days I've been getting calls from this number: 215-320-0424 I looked up the number online and it brought me to your web site where it said and it gave the number that had been calling me -- (Academy Services Nuisance Calls 215-320-0424)-- I was wondering if you can give me any info about this number or the person calling me? Should I have my company block this number from calling me or what? Please let me know anything. Thanks.

-Jessica

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: We had someone else a few weeks ago complain about that number. Your recourse might be to subscribe to a telco service to block numbers from unwanted calls. (You may already have it on your line). You dial *60 (or 60# in some places) then follow the recorded prompts you are given. You'll be allowed to dial in the number to be blocked, or dial #01 to block the last call received, even if you do not know who it was. I have been getting calls from 310-566-1083 which always blocks the name of the caller, but dialing it reaches something called 'Girls Gone Wild'. I also have *77 service, which blocks people who deliberatly do *67 to hide themselves. When I just now tried your 215-320-0424 I got some mysterious message that I had reached 'Academy Services' and to enter the desired extension number, or 'hold for an operator'. I decided to hold, it started ringing again and another recording came on telling me I had reached 'extension 5067' and to leave my name and _phone number_ so my call could be immediatly returned. It smelled like some collection agency to me; I gave 'it' (the recorded message when I was requested to speak) my usual salutation under those circumstances (a loud, rather offensive belch) and disconnected. Of course _I_ did *67 first before the dialing string. Since my latest call from 310-566-1083 arrived at a most inopportune moment (I was seated in my bathroom and came rushing to the phone only to hear the silence) I've decided to add that number to my own repretoire of unwanted callers. I hope this helps you a little. PAT]
Reply to
Xxjessi77xx
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.