Poem - Skeletons in the Sky

Pat, a while back my wife and I were driving down I-44 toward Tulsa and I noticed a couple of abandoned cell phone antenna towers. They were the "old" style open iron framework. My wife asked who would be responsible for removing them and I told her that someday the original owner might, but no guarantee. She said "they look like skeletons in the sky", so I suggested that she call our daughter (the English Teacher) who lives in Ohio and give that to her as a title for a poem. True to form, here it is -- put it in the Digest if you like.

Skeletons in the Sky Skeletons in the sky, Bony fingers reaching for Signals, Silenced Empty and alone No longer alive with the Chatter of stockbrokers Best friends, Teenagers. Alone they stand Whole, but broken Waiting for the sweet sounds To bring them back. Skeletons in the sky, Bony fingers reaching for Signals.

(c) 2005 Dawn Gray Dobson

Regards,

Charles G. Gray Senior Lecturer, Telecommunications Oklahoma State University - Tulsa (918)594-8433

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Thank you very much for this fine contribution. Please send my thanks for Ms. Dobson. PAT]
Reply to
Charles G Gray
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.