New Regular Feature: Spam Daily News

You may have noticed a couple articles in the Digest today from a new daily feature available here: 'Spam Daily News'. It appears that ICANN does not intend to start anytime soon a new top-level domain called '.spam' where serious reports on this topic could go, along with, of course, I suppose, contributions from spammers/scammers/phishers, etc. So I will provide news reports on this topic through an RSS feed, which can be seen on our web site

formatting link
in the latest-issue.html area each day.

If you wish to carry the news feed on your own site, please add this bit of html code somewhere:

The other thing I will do now is fix a delicious dinner each day for spam-bots, you know, those things which go around to web sites looking for names and email addresses to be spammed. You will see 'Spam Poison' in my autoack message from now on and also on the front page of our web site. If the spam bot sees his dinner there, he goes to get it and winds up in a virtual endless loop forever gobbling up totally worthless email addresses, rendering him totally useless to his owner when he returns from his duties. I think they are called 'pharmers'. The code to put on your own web site if you wish to use it is this:

Fight spam!Click Here!

And finally, I am going to begin using the spam poison address for those users who ask to have their email names/addresses withheld here on account of spam problems. I had been using my other domain which is 'norchur.biz' to just drop those rodents directly into a black hole, but it occurred to me it would be better to put out some tasty food for them to find. Feel free to use the above however you feel best in your own circumstances.

PAT

Reply to
Patrick Townson
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.