Need Info Re A/C 650 Dialing Problem

I have phone book ads in the two directories in San Mateo County. When they were first distributed in June I began getting phone calls. As of July 5th or so I haven't gotten any calls from that area code.

Today I drove to South San Francisco, in area code 650, and used a pay phone to call my own number. If I dial 1-415-271-xxxx (my number) I get through fine. If I dial 415-271-xxxx (wthout the 1) I do *not* get the "You must first dial 1", but instead I get the "The number you have reached is not in service at this time". I think this is at the crux of the problem.

Can anybody shed any light on this? Does anybody here know someone at AT&T/SBC who can see to it that the "You must first dial 1" recording is restored the way it should be?

I'm spending $2,000 on phone book ads this year and I unless this is resolved it's money wasted.

Reply to
David Kaye
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.