Last Laugh! Your House at P.O. Box 4621

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Fished (or do you say 'phished') out of my ever-full, always overflowing spam bucket this morning, on my way to put out this issue of the Digest. As we can see by a cursory glance through the binary code below, it is a spam-thingy. PAT]

MThlIE1vcnRnYWelIFF1b3RlIE5ldHdvcmsNCkEgUGVyc29uYWwgQXBwcm9hY2ggdG8gT25saW5l IEJvcnJvd2luZw0KDQpHZXQgYSBGcmVlIE1vcnRnYWdlIFF1b3RlIQ0KaHR0cDovL3d3dy5tb3J0 (and several _hundred_ more lines like the above).

I bashed the rest of it, and altered the above just enough to cause it to lose its punch so none of _you_ would possibly 'inherit' it in your travels around the net today. That's how I say 'Thank you for visiting our web site today'; I spam you and perchance hand you a virus 'souvenier' to take home and show or give to your friends. Of course many netters would contend it is impossible to define 'offensive' or 'malicious' and still others would contend the 'internet does not exist; it is only a collection of sites, etc'.

But my observation is this: Note the original subject line, 'Your House at P.O. Box 4621'. I would like you to know (a) 'Box 4621' in Skokie, Illinois is a very old snail- mail address I used when I lived in Skokie (metro Chicago area) about _ten years ago_; that is the age and quality of the mailing lists these spammers often times use. I'll bet whoever he bought the mailing list from told him 'a new, fresh list with x-gazillion email names and addresses' on it. From what I can gather, its another of those 'you have qualified to receive a mortgage loan' things. My second observation, (b) is the guy does not seem to be very bright. He could not or did not even think it through and use an _actual house address_ (such as 'Your House on Niles Center Road') or something similar to at least try to make it a message worth reading.

I hope that at least occassionally, some of these spammers who sincerely bought their lists, etc thinking there was money to be made on the internet grow discouraged, and give up their efforts voluntarily and find other uses for their computers. Or is that too much to ask?

PAT

Reply to
Customer Service
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.