Last Laugh! Reminds Me of a (Highlights for Children?) Cartoon

The cartoon I was thinking of had the line "Mom, are we Republicrats or Demolicans" (cut & paste down the middle of "Republicans" and "Democrats")

----- Forwarded message # 1:

From: snipped-for-privacy@jmatt.net (Matt Simps> The Demopublicans and the Rebublicrats have things so tied up (and

they are essentially the same regards oppressive government > legislation, etc) no one else ever gets a chance at it. And when a > third party candidate comes along who is at all popular with a large > number of people, (i.e. Ralph Nader) then the Demopublicans all > grouse about how the new comer is going to spoil the election for > the others.

Those who are not happy with the stranglehold the two major parties have on our political system and wish to vote for candidates they prefer instead of choosing the lesser of two evils should push for the adoption of "Instant Runoff Voting".

formatting link
This system would encourage people to cast their votes for candidates they actually preferred, without the fear that doing so would allow the eviler of two evils to be elected with less than a majority.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Carl, that sort of thing would never be allowed here in the USA. It is a wonderful idea, but I am sure you can see why the politicians who run things here would never, never allow it. For instance, I would like to see a Libertarian get a chance -- even a small one -- at election. If we got in this country to the point where the election of a Libertarian or other minority party candidate was even likely, I am certain the Demopublicans or Republi- crats would arrange to have the person assassinated, either by the US Secret Service or someone else. They would do everything in their power to 'neutralize' such a person, and failing to accomplish that simply have him assassinated, sort of like happened with M.L. King.

On this same topic, what do you think about the effort to repeal the

25th Amendment (the one limiting the president to two terms in office) in order to allow Bush to run again in 2008, and in the event the proposal does not make the rounds entirely in time to get ratified prior to the election then it is suggested that Bush will use his emergency powers to cancel the 2008 election in order to remain in office until someone 'suitable' can be found to replace him. PAT]
Reply to
Carl Moore
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.