Easy Hacking Tools Facilitate Bad Behavior [telecom]

A few years ago, if you wanted to wreak havoc online, you needed some skill. You needed to understand coding and how to break into other computers. You needed to develop attack bots and probe for vulnerabilities.

Now you just need to point and click.A few years ago, if you wanted to wreak havoc online, you needed some skill. You needed to understand coding and how to break into other computers. You needed to develop attack bots and probe for vulnerabilities.

Now you just need to point and click.

formatting link

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

Subject: [telecom] Easy Hacking Tools Facilitate Bad Behavior

A few years ago, if you wanted to wreak havoc online, you needed some skill. You needed to understand coding and how to break into other computers. You needed to develop attack bots and probe for vulnerabilities.

Now you just need to point and click.

For a good discussion of this point see

*Click Here to Kill Everybody */Security and Survival in a Hyper-connected World /by Bruce Schneier
formatting link

Chuck

***** Moderator's Note *****

I have a problem with Bruce Schneier: he seeks advice from his readers, but doesn't credit them for it: I sent him a couple of comments that appeared in his publications, without attribution.

I know that the guru biz is competitive and cutthroat, but ISTM that it wouldn't hurt to give credit where due: Mr. Schneier was the running-up in the AES competition, and I use his password-safe program daily, so I doubt that his giving credit to his contributors would damage his reputation.

Bill Horne Moderator

Reply to
Chuck Jackson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.