Comcast raising rates on cable TV [Telecom]

Comcast raising rates on cable TV

By Hiawatha Bray, Globe Staff | October 25, 2008 The Boston Globe

Comcast Corp. is raising its cable TV rates in Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. Customers in those areas will see a 3.6 percent increase in their monthly bills effective Dec. 1.

formatting link

***** Moderator's Note *****

Since the cost of a wideband connection must be considered when evaluating VoIP as an alternative to POTS, this is telecom related.

Bill Horne Temporary Moderator

Reply to
Monty Solomon
Loading thread data ...

What does the price of _cable_TV_ have to do with the price of a broadband IP connection? You do know you can have one without the other, right?

***** Moderator's Note *****

In my town, you can't: Comcast demands that you pay for some grade of cable tv in order to get Internet. I dropped them entirely after the trial period for the "triple play" offering was over, so I don't have any Comcast account now.

If it's different in other areas, then it's not telecom-related, and you got me .

Bill Horne Temporary Moderator

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

formatting link

Curiously Cox has increased rates for CATV service but not for broadband or telecom services.

Put it this way, I no longer subscribe to CATV. Why? Because most of what I want to watch is available online.

Reply to
T

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.