CenturyLink and Minnesota PUC fight over OSS [telecom]

I came across this at a website for the Minnesota PUC headlined "Decisions - August 11, 2011".

**11 P5340,5643,5323, 5981,438,465, 5986,421/C-11-684

Joint CLECs; Qwest; CenturyLink

Qwest/CenturyLink to stop implementing new OSS, explain problems with current OSS, involve CLECs in future development. In the Matter of the Complaint by Joint CLECs against Qwest and CenturyLink Regarding OSS Implementation.

Does the Commission have jurisdiction over the matter and are there grounds for further investigation of the allegations? (PUC: Briefing Papers - O'Grady, Fournier)

In a Staff Briefing Paper prepared by Kevin O.Grady and Marc Fournier, the dispute is summarized this way:

On June 28, 2011, several Competitive Local Exchange Carriers (CLECs), referred to herein as the Joint CLECs, filed a complaint against Qwest and CenturyLink, referred to herein as the Joint Applicants, alleging that the Joint Applicants have:

(i) violated the terms of the Commission Order approving the Qwest-CenturyLink merger (Docket 10-456; March 31, 2011);

(ii) breached settlement agreements between the Joint CLECs and the Joint Applicants;

(iii) violated interconnection agreements between the Joint CLECs and the Joint Applicants; and

(iv) breached their duty of non-discrimination pursuant to Minnesota Statutes and the federal Telecommunications Act of 1996.

Rest at:

formatting link
{E4091A8E-A4B1-499D-94E0-7B16FC12D66D}&documentTitle=20118-65056-01 Here's my question: the way I read this, the CLECs have complained that Qwest/CenturyLink is ignoring a previous commitment to keep the old OSS systems available for more than two years. Is Qwest/CenturyLink trying to change the deal, or are the changes between the "old" and "new" systems just cosmetic?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.