Cell Phones and the "do not call" list [TELECOM]

With us it is *57.

That only works if you report immediately after the receipt of the call. If another call comes in, the report is lost.

The telephone company discourages use of that feature. I think the fee for each use is now $5.00. They have stated as policy they only respond after a minimum of five instances, and they must be serious problems, such as profanity, harassment, threats, etc. I don't [think] they would respond for inappropriate sales calls, especially for only one occurence.

As to having a lawyer be involved, that represents a considerable cost, not worth the [money].

Reply to
hancock4
Loading thread data ...

Subpoena the phone company. The subpoena should list the day and time of the call. They'll supply full logs to the court. These logs will include real originating and terminating information, not the fake information that Caller ID provides.

I think you'd be surprised how effective it can be. It's worth a couple afternoons off. I have sued spammers on numerous occasions and it has always been great fun.

-scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Yes, but that's fine, because the only time you really need that information is when you're going to court anyway. Go to the clerk's office, pay your ten bucks and get the information.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Surely someone who reads the telcom digest knows about ANI, and annoyance call trace? *

Reply to
PV

The telemarketers have to subscribe to a database that identifies whether a given number is a wireless number and thus forbidden for sales calls. Here's an example:

formatting link

Reply to
Michael D. Sullivan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.