Cell Phone Reception

I have been having problems with my cell phone (LG) dropping calls in my home. Seems like you talk for a few minutes and the call is dropped. Getting tired of this and thinking it was my phone, I went to Verizon since I was near the end of my contract and got 2 new LG

6100 camera phones (one for me and one for my son). I paid over $200 -- there is a rebate.

Well don't you know it the same thing happens with this phone. I did some testing and find that the signal bars are very weak in my area (suburban), its not just my house ( a regular wood house) but seemingly a few miles area the signal is weak. I drove about a mile east and the signal bars got stronger and then they got the strongest a few miles a way. The phone worked fine there.

So does this mean my area is in a dead zone?

What can be done? How can Verizon put someone in a contract if it knows that cell reception will be poor in there area? Why doesn't Verizon fix this so we all could get uniform service. It seems a rip off if I can't use my cell phone in my home.

Reply to
bumblebee4451
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.