Can't use AT&T's Wi-Fi calling with your iPhone? This could be why [telecom]

By Chris Ziegler

For the launch of the iPhone 6S, I elected to buy the T-Mobile version from Apple instead of the AT&T one, because I was planning on paying full price for the phone and the T-Mobile one comes unlocked out of the box. (I don't plan on leaving AT&T, necessarily, but an unlocked phone is easier to use internationally and has a higher resale value.)

I suspect there are some folks out there who did the same. What you may not have known, though, is that using this version of the phone on AT&T sets off a weird chain of events that you'll want to be aware of.

formatting link

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...

According to AT&T they will unlock any AT&T device for free. I've done it whenever I've sold an AT&T phone. Of course, Apple and the iPhone could be different. So, you could have bought your iPhone at AT&t.

Does T-Mobile have a 30 day return policy? If so, check with AT&T about unlocking their iPhone 6S and return your T-Mobile and get an At&T.

/dan

Reply to
Dan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.