AT&T CEO slams T-Mobile for its senior discounts marketing campaign [telecom]

By Raymond Hicks

formatting link

AT&T (T) CEO John Stankey has a message to rival T-Mobile: Cut the nonsense when advertising to seniors.

"They issued some statements and went out into the market with some communications that were inaccurate and not true," Stankey told Yahoo Finance Live at the Goldman Sachs Communacopia + Technology Conference this week.

T-Mobile - long seen as a clever marketer of its wireless brand - recently launched a campaign dubbed "Verizon and AT&T Ban Senior Discounts." The marketing stunt claims that "92% of seniors in the U.S. can't get a wireless discount from Verizon or AT&T because they don't live in Florida."

formatting link

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...
[Hi Bill ... If you include this in the digest, please remove my last name & email address. Thx.]

Excuse me if I fail to shed a tear for AT&T. This being the company that gloated about living rent free in their competitors heads when everyone complained about their marketing of 4G LTE as 5G.

************************** Moderator's Note **************************

I'll be happy to modify posts when asked, but I must sound a note of caution: I'm getting old, and my eyes aren't what they used to be, and I depend on Guest Moderators to fill in if I'm visiting others or ill, and so I ask that my readers go through the list of Frequently Asked Questions - the FAQ - which is at the following URL:

formatting link

The FAQ contains instructions on how to add tags to the "Subject" line of your posts, so that your request for me to obscure your email address or publish your post anonymously will trigger auto- magic routing that assures I don't accidentally send your post out to the world with information you'd rather it did not have.

Bill Horne

P.S. Readers will please note that the "Moderator's Note" line, above, is exactly 70 characters wide. The FAQ will tell you why.

Reply to
Ken [redacted

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.