Another Norvergence Debacle on the Way, Possibly

Hello,

I worked with Dan (Smith?) last year, and became a member of your organization's email publication. I was one of the first companies to start posting on your site about the Norvergence debacle. I've referred over 50 companies, to different legal resources after they contacted me from my postings on your site. To date, I believe we are the only company that was able to successfully cancel the signed lease agreement with them, and paid nothing out of pocket.

I wish all the 11,000 other companies the best of luck in the class action suit. Anyway, now I am looking at possibly doing business with ACN, out of Michigan. I've looked through your threads and have not been able to find many complaints about them. I'm trying to do as much research as possible before I get myself into something I'd regret again. I've already checked the BBB and they called the company satisfactory. I also have not found many complaints on the web, or anything negative about the company President/CEO. Is there any info you may be able to point me to that may be useful?

Thank you very much,

Ken Lyle Controller B.S. Cable, Co. Inc.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I do not know about any Dan Smith(?) but you worked with me; my name is Patrick Townson, and I do remember you. You were not the only one to get out of the Norvergence scam totally unscathed financially, but there were several who had made at least two or three payments, which is not as good as 'nothing' but is still better than Norvergence planned it originally. Various of the state attorney generals have turned the screws on the banks and other lenders involved. As a result, many of the fast talking salesmen who brought Norvergence accounts into the house thinking they were going to get a raise and a good filet mignon dinner from their bosses for the 'good business they brought the (bank or financial company)' wound up getting fired when the Attorney General in that state forced the house to write off all that paper. Some banks and lenders took _huge_ losses on it and are still trying to get the ear of the bankruptcy judge. To my way of thinking, better that the greedy banks and other financial operations were obliged to eat it all instead of the little business people who had been tricked by Solzano. There were many readers here who just 'knew for certain' all the debtors (the small business people) were going to get sued -- severely -- if they followed my advice and stalled on making any further payments. And they all presented me with the 'holder in due course' argument, but apparently many attornies general felt somehow the financial houses may have been at least a bit complicit in the fraud, or at least they should have investigated before taking that worthless paper.

One fat cow wrote to really bawl me out good, telling me she knew 'for a fact' that 'your advice has caused many debtors to get sued' and that most debtors were making payments as agreed, but I retorted by asking her what collection agency _she_ worked for. Now regards your latest inquiry, I know nothing about 'ACN out of Michigan'. Jack Decker is our reader/writer from Michigan, so maybe he will know something. Jack, are you reading this? Does any reader know about 'ACN out of Michigan'? Regards BBB, I have been told any company who is a member of BBB is therefore in 'good standing' with that bunch. If you are a member of BBB you are in good standing with them, if not a member, then you are not in good standing.

Good luck with your inquiry, Mr. Lyle. PAT]

Reply to
Ken Lyle
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.