User Code Change!

He's more of a mommy than a daddy. js

Reply to
alarman
Loading thread data ...

With motorcycles it's a different case as I always wear a helmet there however for bicycling a recent study seems to indicate an increased amount of head injuries with helmet wearers, I wish I could find the article, nobody could explain why

However this isn't why I don't wear one on the bike, I think it's nerdy and if I am wrong then I'll pay the price

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I think if I'm struck by a nimrod in an SUV the last thing I'll ever think about is why didn't I wear a helmet. If you want to play daddy you owe me about 25 years worth of allowance

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Ok, your choice, but we'd hate to lose you....:)))

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

It doesn't matter what your last thoughts will be. It's just that they probably will be your last thoughts.

The only one who thinks I'm your father is the MM and he gives every indication of having already been struck on the head a few too many times. Come to think of it, that's not surprising given his demeanor.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

If you believe that I feel sorry for your mother.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Speak for yourself.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Exactly which was my point

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Odd part is because it's an odd bike people slow down more than they would if it was a standard bike, I think they just want to figure out what it is they are passing

Also I'm no more than a foot off the ground so I don't have far to fall compared to a regular bike

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Strange, first you question me not wearing a helmet with a concern about accidents yet if I did have an accident it appears you wouldn't miss me. Make up your mind please

BTW 5th century of the year today...without a helmet

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Thank you for the concern RH, I've always considered you a class act within our little den of misfits :)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Hey!!! I'd miss him too!!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Yes since the RANS you have won't do 30 unless it's going downhill (I have ridden a number of them)

Yes the styrofoam helmet will protect me when the SUV wheels go over it

Reply to
Mark Leuck

The point you seem to miss (or, more likely, that which you choose to ignore) is that with a helmet you stand a better chance of surviving and a better chance of avoiding traumatic brain injury. Nevertheless, it is your brain. I wouldn't dream of trying to force you to protect it.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

That is true. I get lots of "Wow! Kewl bike" comments from the neighborhood kids. The real fun happens when some of them try to race me. Not very many of them can exceed 30 mph. Heh, heh, heh... :^)

Nicely aligned with the SUV's bumper.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

I only pointed out the danger. What you do about it is your business and no, I wouldn't miss you. I don't wish you any harm though.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

You're quite wrong. It's not the bike. It's the motor. The fastest I ever went on the Vivo on a level road was 36 mph. In all fairness, there was about a 5 mph tail wind at the time. I've gone over 30 mph quite a few times though not lately. I've never been able to sustain that kind of speed for any real distance -- a few hundred yards at best. My regular pace was in the 15-18 mph range when I was riding regularly. I got hurt a while back and was unable to walk, much less ride, for almost a month. I'm just starting to get back into riding.

I only did one century ride. It was a tour from Sarasota to Venice Beach, up 41 and the keys to Anna Maria Island and back. My wife likes to ride with me now but she can't keep much of a pace yet so it'll be slow progress for a while.

I got hit once on a DF bike, my old Specialized. A teenage girl ran a light. My left arm, knee and leg got road rash. The left side of my helmet was cracked. I'm fairly certain that without the helmet I'd have suffered major injuries. As it was I only had some discomfort. I was riding with a new helmet the next day. YMMV.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

You are quite wrong, its both

Might I suggest you recalibrate your speedometer since it is clearly wrong, I've ridden ever model RANS makes from the Tailwind to the Stratus and with the exception of the Force 5 none of them are speed demons nor designed for it, the Force 5 should be capable since it is a high racer much like the Bachetta's

But I will leave you to your illusions

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Contrary to my wishes about you.

Hey, break a leg or two, or even your neck.

Unfortunately, I know none of this could come true.

Just like the Mars lander, you also have the advantage of being full of hot air.

Reply to
Jim

Don't trouble yourself Joe.

If you just keep in mind that regardless if they wear them or not ........ their helmets are always empty.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.