User Code Change!

Hi everybody, I have been a reader of this news group for a few years now and find it very funny, interesting & helpful. So now I'm in trouble maybe some one out there could help me. My question is - How do you change the Master User Code on a Detection Systems (Now Bosch)Abacus 6/14Com Intruder Alarm Panel? - User Manual is lost and Engineer Manual ignores this bit. I have to do this over the telephone as the person lives 80 mile away - needs to be simple - so as not to loose the code completely and end up having to drive there. I thank you in advance regards, Father Jack

Reply to
Father Jack
Loading thread data ...

With system in day mode enter exiting master code and press "no" within 20 sec. Keep pressing "no" until display reads "Co" Press "Yes" Press "1" Press "Yes" Enter new code and press "Yes" Enter new code and press "Yes" again

should get a short confirmation tone and screen should be "U-"

Press "0/ESC" twice to return to day mode.

Good luck

Reply to
Paul Ekins

Hi Paul, Many thanks - Job done! Speak to you again best regards, FJ

Reply to
Father Jack

Shheeeesh....maybe the Engineers Manual shouldn't have ignored this bit, if fact, they might have worked on it a bit more.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

The Abacus manuals have to be the worst I have ever seen. No real organisation and made up of a series of amendments. Obviously put together by a three year old..

Reply to
Paul Ekins

Or someone that pieces together information he gleans from others in various Newsgroups to place in a "help file" for a fire alarm panel's dowloading software.

Reply to
Frank Olson

You seriously need to get out more

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Do what I do, ride 25 to 30 miles a day during the week with more on the weekend, helps several different ways...

1. Strengthens leg muscles
  2. Relieves boredom
  3. Takes time away from making useless jabs at certain people in newsgroups

1. Chicks dig guys wearing Lycra on funny looking yellow bikes

1. Lance Armstrong wannabees hate it when you blow past em at 30+ mph

If it weren't summer I'd be doing double that

formatting link

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I know. Hey, I just bought a new lawn mower, but that's too much like work... walking back and forth between the counter and the stock shelves... ;-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

Hey, as long as we're talking "riding", here's what I did on my motorcycle holiday....three weeks on the road....11,000 kms (6600 miles)....Ottawa to Marquette, Michigan....south and west around the Great Lakes and up to Regina. Then down to North Dakota and across Hwy 2 to Montana (love those fast, straight highways with no speed limit to speak of....over the "Going to the Sun" Highway across Glacier National Park. Then south through the mountains of Montana into Utah....south along Hwy 89 to Kanab, Utah...three days at a motorcycle rally...lots of nice people...good food and companionship....local runs to the Grand Canyon, Zion National Park with new found friends. Then down Hwy 160 and across the long, hot Arizona desert and back up to Durango, Colorado...then up the million dollar highway to Ooray and up to Denver. Then four days of hard slugging on the Interstate at 85 mph to 105 mph to Detroit, then home again......

Bike never missed a beat but I sure did. Not as healthy as pedal biking, but yah gotta love that 100HP motor doing all the work...:)) Loved that free air conditioning but there were times I wished it had a control dial !!! Very little rain during the trip, but the heat was brutal at times. Also got caught in a vicious hailstorm in Utah...who said it doesn't rain in the desert....Still, would do it all again in a flash. Maybe a bike rally in California next year.....

I guess the only thing it had in common with your travels is we both were on two wheels....:))

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

I was going to comment on what heat the north has but then I remembered you live in Canada, if you want heat come down to Texas sometime :)

My goal is to do a 1,000 Dallas to Indiana ride one of these days, the trip itself is no big deal but still figuring how long it will take and the route

Reply to
Mark Leuck

So does pushing the mower. Our property's pretty hilly in spots.

Nothing like walking through a spider web to relieve "boredom". Icky!

The "jabs" are far from "useless". I come here for the entertainment (beats Oprah), the "kicks and giggles" as Bob W. put it, and to talk shop. Besides, Robert presents such a frequently large target with his many gaffs, blunders, lies, and "attitude"...

In Vancouver you're liable to have a couple of cream puffs chase you down, never mind "the chicks"...

Heh. That still "boggles". If you could gear up to maintaining a steady cruise of 40 mph then you'd be able to use our freeways. I imagine that technology isn't far off. What would scare me is the "Vancouver drivers". It's also way to wet at times.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Get yourself a bar-mounted GPS. There are several excellent models around. My old one is a Garmin. It works but there are much better units now. Tell it where you want to go and what kind of roads you want to use / avoid. The best ones beep and flash a turn arrow for a few seconds before each turn. Some even talk... "Turn left onto Rodriguez Ave. 250 feet ahead."

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Already have a Garmin, don't care for the ones that talk tho, the biggest hassle is figiring the route, where nearby towns with hotels are etc.

Google Local is an excellent tool for that

Reply to
Mark Leuck

If you can push a mower 25 miles I'd agree with you

Ummm okay........

They can indeed be entertaining however yours aren't in my opinion, even when he's not saying anything you tend to pop in a jab when he's not even part of the discussion

Haven't seen that, Mace or a small firearm should protect against that

I wouldn't consider doing the freeways even if I could do 40 unless they had decent shoulders. The only way to go faster than about 25 for long periods is with a faired bike. the maximum speed record attained by one of those is

81 mph, with a car blocking if I remember correctly it's 150 set 30 years ago, apparently nobodies been stupid enough to try it again.
Reply to
Mark Leuck

Pot........ Kettle ........ Black

And

Do on to others as they do on to you ....

Before they do it to you again... Only Twice as much ...... Twice as hard ...... With a vengeance ...

Reply to
Jim

Just for you Frank I did a 40.4 mile ride tonight, hope you had fun pushing that mower

formatting link

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Yeh ....... sure. You go ride on your fag bike ....... I'll take a trip to Hawaii or charter a sail boat in the British Virgin Islands. Or, maybe I'll take my boat up to Newport and spend the week. Or no, maybe, maybe ...I'll do that next month. Or, ya know what? Maybe I'll just head right on out to Cape Cod or Nantuckett. Haven't been there in a few years. And .... Maybe in between, I'll take a few days and drive up north, see some relatives and THEN when I return, I'll get ready for my San Diego trip.

How's the dull life there Markie? Keep on peddlin. That's got to be as mentally invigorating as ....... uhhhhh watching a baseball game. Nah ......... lets make that ...... watching paint dry. But ..... Well then, now that I think of it ........I guess anything is better than .......... your job.

Oh Markie, you're such a dullard. Riding a fag bike is "getting out" is it? Ah ha ha ha ha ha. I'd tell you to get a life. But it's obvious that if you haven't done it by now ....... well ....... you know the rest.

Reply to
Jim

Looks like I told the wrong person to get out more

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Doesn't matter what you ride as long as you ride

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.