Understanding GeoVision GV-250

I'm trying to get a GV-250 working on Windows XP. I've never seen the software before so I can only guess and read the manual. I have some basic questions:

The software version is 7.0x. DirectX 9.0C is installed There are 4 cameras into a 4-in BNC card.

When the Configuration is set up, the individual camera setups show live video. So, the cameras and much of the software must be working!

However, when the quad-view display is started with monitoring ON on all cameras, the display is not live video. Clicking on a frame causes the frame contents to update and then stays on a static frame once more.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I do plan to reinstall the software. However, it appears there are many choices. What do I need for just a basic live monitoring system?

- hardware driver

- what else???

Thanks,

Fred

Reply to
Fred Marshall
Loading thread data ...

There should be no problems, installation and configuration is very easy. What PC configuration are you using? Manufacturer claims that GV systems are not compatible with VIA chipsets.

I suggest complete reinstallation of Geovision system, including drivers.

I installed a lot of Geovision systems and never had problem like that.

You can contact their support team on

formatting link
(support link). They are responding very fast but you need serial number of your card (sticker on manual or PC card) and all data on your PC.

Reply to
almel

Almel,

OK - thanks! I'm beginning to wonder about the display card in the computer - if it's adequate. I read in the manual that there is a minimum requirement for performance.

The software is version 7.0 and there seems to be a real install suite on the CD. However, when I download 8.01 and the 8.02 upgrades from the GV website there seems to be the install suite missing.... ????

Thanks,

Fred

Reply to
Fred Marshall

Reply to
mouath

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.