Transmitting an all is well packet from sensor to main control unit

Ok, let's say the sensor is communicating with the MCU via a 315mhz,

433mhz, or 868mhz frequency. I understand that the system can be jammed and thusly the MCU will not be able to receive the (all is ok, I am here, everything is fine packet) from the sensor and when that periodic packet is sent and not received by the main control unit, the main unit will send out an alarm or a trouble message to the monitoring station. I would like to know if that is the only transmission that is sent by a sensor that is functioning in an armed mode( armed, meaning alarm has been set and home owner or business owner has gone home for the night). I am assuming that the sensor is idle except for the moments when transmitting these packets, or when a person passes the area which the sensor is protecting, thus transmitting a message to the MCU that the closed loop has been broken by detecting the moving heat of a person walking by it. So the question I am asking is: What does the sensor transmit to the MCU, and how often? Does it just send a burst of 315, 433, or 868mhz rf, or does it actually send an encrypted packet of some sort. What does that packet contain(a certain amount of bits, or rf pulses, or what?). And how often are these sent ( as in minutes, hours). I have certain discussions which I would like to initiate depending upon the responses I get from this post. I think the professionals with the knowledge to answer the above questions would be interested with what I have to say about this. Now, I am new in the alarm installing business, but I have noticed some things recently.
Reply to
mister accavanno
Loading thread data ...

Paul?

Is that you?

Reply to
Jim

Andtheansweris: HereishowiunderstandtheprocesstobeAtransmittersendsoutasignalthatisencryptedwithacertainnumberofdatabitsandthesedatabitscontaindatathatthereceiverinterpretsasthecurrentconditionastotheitsstatelikeopenclosedbatterygoodorbadIfthereceiverdoesnotgetthesignalonregularintervalsthenthereceiverwilltriggeratroublecodeThereisalotmoretoitbutthatisitinimpleterms.

Happy New Year

ABLE1

Reply to
ABLE1

No, not Paul. Just a new installer on the newsgroup. Do you have a valid and understandable response to my post? Who is Paul?

Reply to
mister accavanno

Can't be, his spelling is too good and he doesn't mention headphones

Reply to
mleuck

:

Paul is our Belgium wireless god who thinks he knows everything.

Most systems now have RF jamming detection and keep in mind the prospective burglar would have to know the house had wireless sensors AND know the frequency they use AND be wearing headphones.

(Don't ask about the headphone thing, you don't want to know)

Reply to
mleuck

Everything you need to know is in the literature. If you don't have access to Honeywell's protected site, get it... It also wouldn't hurt to open a technician account with GE, DSC, Napco, and ADI (if your company allows it).

The crux of the dilemma you're having has to do with you not thinking about what the panel is doing while a jam situation exists. You're focusing on the transmitters. Also, most installers do not even enable the anti-jam feature on the wireless component.

Reply to
G. Morgan

You're new here so here is the deal:

Don't mention 'Paul' or, recently deceased and popular former regular named 'Robert L. Bass".

It will only lead to flame wars. The group is really quiet now and pretty peaceful and on-topic. It hasn't always been that way, not by a long shot.

You can search the Google Groups archive for more info.

Welcome to our little corner of the Internet, glad you're here. :-)

-Graham

Reply to
G. Morgan

Reply to
mister accavanno

Why does this guys post sound like the emails I get from those Nigerian bankers?

"Interestingly surprised"?

Reply to
JoeRaisin

I've always enabled it.

This guy should be coming at the problem from the other direction. What, exactly, is done when a signal (any signal) is being jammed? How do you stop a radio wave in mid air?

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Reply to
Just Looking

Reply to
Just Looking

I think that it's Paul. He's just had time to learn to speak English a "little" bit better.

Reply to
Jim

:

Maybe he's wearing the aluminium foil today.

Reply to
Jim

That would be cool as hell if he set up automatic replies before he left!

Reply to
G. Morgan

Are you proposing to me?

Reply to
G. Morgan

"Popular" in the wrong sense of the word

Reply to
mleuck

Problem #1 is your posts are almost as long as Robert Campbell's Problem #2 is you use big words which will confuse G Morgan Problem #3 is what you ask is either unknown or won't be disclosed by whose who know

Reply to
mleuck

I got a dictionary for Christmas, it's cool.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.