PIR frequency fransmitter question Wireless Alarms

I understand that most units transmitting to the Main Control Unit are operating on the 315mhz, 433mhz, and the 868mhz frequencies. Is there a reference to find out which companies, or which particular sensor units are using a particular frequency? I know that certain car remotes interfere with certain sensor devices. Can I have some elaboration from some of the more Knowlegeable professionals on which companies use which frequencies.

Reply to
mister accavanno
Loading thread data ...

I don't know about anyone else here, but..... even though the information you're looking for might be "out there" and available somewhere on the Internet, I wouldn't be the one to acutually give it to just anyone who comes to this group and asks for it ..... or ..... for that matter, any other such information. You may or may not understand why.

However, I'm sure if you keep asking, some numb-nuts, somewhere will provide it to you.

Reply to
Jim

most systems have an anti jam warning any ways so it is not the worry it once was. very few things interfere if at all. with new technologies.

Reply to
nick markowitz

:

Without wanting you to actually answer .... have you ever considered, in detail, what the end results are when jamming occurs?

I don't remember if you were here when the infamous "Wireless Paul from Belgium" plagued the group, but he did have some ..... (granted a very few, but never-the-less) .... valid points.

Nick, If you'd like to discuss it in greater detail, you are welcome to E-mail me. I'd like to hear your take on it since you've got more RF experience.

I've been doing wireless alarms since the Transcience days, ( in the

70's, I think) long before supervised wireless ..... and contrary to the time that most say that they spend on a wireless job, due to my experience, I'll spend as much or even more time installing a wireless system as compared to a hardwired system. The planned and realized results are: I don't have wireless alarm problems. I've still got some Ademco 5700 series systems still functioning after all these years. Customers attitudes are, if it's still working, why change it?
Reply to
Jim

Not sure but just keep them away from headphones (inside joke)

Reply to
mleuck

Why not do it here so everyone can learn?

Reply to
G. Morgan

I have been working with wireless since the linear /transience days and it has greatly improved but im still a hardwired guy at heart.

when it comes to tough wireless installs where there is possible interference or long distances involved I use Inovonics and there new echo stream system where each transmitter is also a repeater it is fantastic. I have entire apartment complexes linked together. for fire where AHJ approved.

Reply to
nick markowitz

My sentiments also. However, I have to admit that at this stage I've developed " X ray vision" and I've noticed lately that if the job shows the least sign of being a bear to wire ..... I do wireless. (keeping in mind that I only do residential now) I used to look at the wiring as a challange but I believe I've experienced and conquered just about every obstacle one could imagine and now I'm wise enough to somehow tell if it's worth the effort or not.

On the other hand, I've heard it said that wisdom looks a lot like ...... being too lazy :-)

I've read a little about that and it really sound great. If I were doing commercial I would definitely be using it.

Reply to
Jim

I have been working with wireless since the linear /transience days and it has greatly improved but im still a hardwired guy at heart.

when it comes to tough wireless installs where there is possible interference or long distances involved I use Inovonics and there new echo stream system where each transmitter is also a repeater it is fantastic. I have entire apartment complexes linked together. for fire where AHJ approved.

Reply to
Just Looking

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.