Some one was watching over my neighbors today

We had a 90 yr old neighbor loose control of his car striking 4 cars one car is demolished and another was shoved back 50 ft he ended up over a driveway wall and is being checked at hospital we have as many as 20 kids playing right where that happens this time of day and luckily no one was. it could have been a lot worse than it was.

Reply to
nick markowitz
Loading thread data ...

And I'll bet the 90 year old blames it on unintended acceleration

Reply to
mleuck

Were thinking he had a medical problem of some type he has always been a good driver

Reply to
nick markowitz

Seems to me his medical problem is that he's 90 years old, people don't just lose control of a car like that.

Reply to
mleuck

What do you recommend? A death panel?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Obamacare hasn't fully kicked in so the death panels haven't yet been established however once it has that guy won't be able to afford a car...

Reply to
mleuck

Heh, heh, heh... Yeah, right. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

here we ask for a wrtien and driving test, if they fail, they loose there right to drive..

Simple and direct and safe..

Reply to
petem

You have to wonder with the acceleration problems with Toyota how many accidents seniors say happened to them was actually the car and not them as they claimed.

Reply to
nick markowitz

upe

here is the article i did and pictures I submitted to fire news

formatting link

Reply to
nick markowitz

formatting link

Nice Job!!

Reply to
petem

de groupe

Here in the states, the ACLU goes to the supreme court claiming age discrimination, Al Sharpton goes on TV and says that the old guys relatives were slaves or at least friends of slaves and that at 90 years old, he should be praised for his courage while driving 90 miles per hour. A new law is passed that gives 90 year olds permission to drive anywhere they want and to also ignore traffic signals. The law is named in honor of the old guy. And all auto makers are required to add a pee cup to every car they make starting in 2012 as it was determined that the old guy was in a hurry to get home before he peed his pants.

Reply to
Jim

With all the diuretics they give me, would be a good law. :^)

Regards, Robert

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Statistics show that several domestic cars from Ford and GM have had more "sudden acceleration" issues than Toyota. Most of this comes from the fact Toyota is now the overall leading carmaker and everyone goes after the big guy. I seriously doubt there is an issue with any of the brands and many of these supposed problems are more me-too than anything else, most of these "fixes" Toyota has come out with are a precaution than any kind of fix.

Another potential issue is our government owns a majority stake in two competing car companies, I'm not conspiracy guy but it does raise a few questions on just how sincere Congress is going after Toyota the way they have been.

Reply to
mleuck

upe

It's the same here, no idea if your tests are better or worse than ours tho. Mine was a month of drivers education and the actual test for the license was driving around a small city block.

Reply to
mleuck

e de groupe

So if you had to take the test ............ are you really 90 years old .......... or is it because you just LOOK 90?

Reply to
Jim

I don't know about him but some days I feel like 90.

RLB

Reply to
Robert L Bass

My mom is 93. If I make it that far, I hope I'm as alert and as smart as she is.

She says that I come from a line of "long livers".

I hope that's not an anatomical description..

Reply to
Jim

The question is will you know when it's time for you to hang up the keys to the car?

Reply to
mleuck

I am not talking about the first test to have your license..

we test our elder driver every few years to see if they are still fit to drive..

At least its fair for them and for us.. for them they continu driving, for us we cant feel safe around them.

Reply to
petem

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.