formatting link
This new rule apply's to alarm contractors to if you do residential work

Reply to
nick markowitz
Loading thread data ...

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Reply to
Jim

The people who get these laws considered and passed by their "pass all the feel-good laws" politicians.are what I refer to as "The Safety Zealots"

You can usually identify them when they say " If it saves the life of just OOOOOOONNNNNE child, then it's worth it"

You can bet that not one of them will be personally affected by the passage of such laws.

Reply to
Jim

From the article... The EPA says the new rules are "the next step in EPA's efforts to protect children and others from the health hazards created by exposure to lead-based paint." ...well I guess that proves your point.

So where was the EPA when all this lead-based paint was being painted into the death traps people have been living healthy lives in for the past 30 years?

Not a chance your average alarm tech is going to carry around a paint certification and lead test kit that doesn't work properly 40% of the time... much less anyone else.

- Chris

Reply to
CH®IS

If I'm suspicious of the paint I just lick it. I've never found any but I hear that lead paint is supposed to have this funny taste to it. taste to it. to it.

to it.

funny

it.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.